Howard County High School GT Orchestra
BEN DENNE, Director
TIM REINHARDT, Director
ROSEMARY LATHER, Director
TIM MCKAY, Director of Percussion
Congratulations to all of the students who played at the concerto competition. We enjoyed an afternoon of phenomenal performances.
The judges selected Alisa Hwang, who performed the Prokofiev Piano Concerto as the winner. Alisa will perform the Prokofiev at our concert on February 20th with the Baltimore Symphony.
Lisa Choi, who performed the Chaminade Concertino for Flute, was chosen as the runner up, and will perform with the HSGTO in our May 12th concert.
Honorable Mention was awarded for Mary Lin's performance of Saint-Saen's 1st Cello Concerto.
This year we have decided to establish a "Director's Award" for a student who has participated in the orchestra for four years, served in a principal position and has performed in the Concerto Competition. This years Director's Award is given to Yaeji Shin for her four year service to the orchestra as principal flute and for her performance at the Concerto Competition in 2011 and 2012. A plaque commentating this award will be given at the final concert in May.
The HSGTO performed at the 2009 Midwest Clinic held December 15-19 in Chicago, Illinois. The Midwest Clinic is one of the largest music conferences in the world. Held every year during the 3rd week of December, the Midwest Clinic commands an attendance of over 15,000 participants every year representing all 50 states and 30 countries. We are honored to be one of ten orchestras selected to perform for the 2009 clinic. Congratulations to all of the students who have contributed to the success of this orchestra.
Reconstruct the following addresses by substituting the words in bold with the correct symbols.
- Rehearsals are on Sunday evenings from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at Howard High School
- For more information please contact the directors via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Ben Denne at 410-313-2839.
- Weather Alerts will be posted on this site. Our inclement weather decision follows the Howard County public schools activities cancellation policy, but when in doubt check.
- You MUST be in your school orchestra or band in order to participate.
- Auditions: Howard High School. Ellicott City, MD
- Concerts: Howard High School, the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, and the Jim Rouse Theatre at Wilde Lake High School. Columbia, MD
- Rehearsals: Howard High School. Ellicott City, MD
- Concerto Competition: Howard High School. Ellicott City, MD or Meyerhoff Symphony Hall.